In starting my business, I have tried to support other local businesses in Exeter and the South West where I can, as well as being conscious of my footprint where possible. To open my product up to as many consumers as possible, I have chosen the appropriate ingredients to ensure they are gluten free and vegan.
My beautiful (I think so anyway) logo and labels have been created by Exeter-based Tori Dee Illustration. She has been instrumental in listening to my ideas and turning them into reality, and is super talented.
My printers are Exeter-based Ashley House Printing, who pride themselves on being one of the most eco-friendly printers in the UK. Independently owned, they are FSC®, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 accredited, and affiliated with the Woodland Trust Carbon Capture scheme.
What they do to help the environment:
- Buying green energy
- Reducing and recycling all waste
- Using low energy lighting throughout the factory
- Using chemistry-free technology
- Using environmentally friendly materials
- Actively lowering energy consumption
- Reducing our transport pollution
- Promoting recyclable and renewable materials
- Using vegetable based inks
My herbs and spices are bought in bulk, to minimise shipping. As the South West and wider UK is not a source for many herbs and spices, these are from all around the world but my British supplier, Just Ingredients holds excellent credentials including:
- BRC registered ensuring ingredients are responsibly sourced
- products are non-irradiated, GM free and free from additives
- products are Fairtrade where possible
I can’t do everything I’d like right now, like using more eco-friendly tubs, but as I grow this is something I hope to be able to afford. The tubs are single use plastic, but my mixes are not single serving in size so the tub will be in use for a good length of time and can be washed and re-used which I hope my customers will do.
Memberships & Awards
I’m delighted to be a member of Taste of The West and in March 2019 have been awarded a Commended Award for my Mediterranean Madness mix